How To Become A Google AdWords Consultant
Google AdWords is the king of online advertising. An increasing number of businesses are utilizing Google AdWords to target new audiences and boost ROI for their PPC campaigns. Nowadays, the majority of businesses use AdWords for their paid advertisements. With such a huge reliance on AdWords, a Certified Google AdWords Consultant career opportunity has arisen.
A Google AdWords Consultant helps businesses increase their return on investment from paid ads.
If you are aware of Digital Marketing, you probably realize it is becoming more and more common for businesses of all sizes to rely on PPC advertising to improve their online presence and conversions.
For every $1 spent on Google Adwords, businesses earn an average revenue of $2 (Google).
With PPC Ads, businesses can advertise directly to the people searching for that kind of business.
Additionally, these ads allow businesses to target the right people at the right time!
Therefore, if you have such PPC skills, you can become a certified Google AdWords Consultant. You only need to master how AdWords works, get certified, and then start offering Google Ads Consulting.
Let’s begin by understanding the Google AdWords Consultant Job Description:
Google AdWords Consultant Job Description
1. Key Functional Areas
- Account management of PPC accounts on Google AdWords for different clients
- Maintenance and tracking of keyword bidding, budget caps, quality score, impression share, CPC, CPM, CTR and other AdWords metrics
- Suggestions for copywriting and graphical ad templates for PPC Ads
- Administration of Display network placement lists on AdWords
- Strategy making for keyword selection, campaign designing, targeting etc. as per campaign goals
- Responsible for weekly and monthly client reporting of PPC Ad metrics
- Knowledge and immaculate channelization of search engine and PPC industry trends
- Administration of web analytics dashboards along with monitoring of key reporting tools and their reports
- Evaluation of search results and search performance across Google
- Interaction with the team members on project development, on-time completion of projects and results
2. Professional Skills
- You need to be experienced in SEM & PPC
- Having knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytics & reporting tools for site/campaign analysis would be a plus
- You should be proficient in MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Being experienced in PPC ad platforms like AdWords, Yahoo & Bing would be helpful for you
- Finally, Google AdWords certification is mandatory — being a certified Google AdWords expert will make you more credible as a consultant!
This is all about Google AdWords Consultant Job Description. To be a certified Google AdWords Consultant, you need to pass the Google AdWords exam conducted by Google. If you are attempting for the very first time then the procedure can be a bit befuddling. But, nothing to worry- Below given three steps will help you to pass the Google AdWords Certification Exam-
How To Apply For Google AdWords Certification Exam
1. Create/Sign in Your Google Account & Join Google Partners
- You may already have some Google Accounts, but it is advisable to have a proper Google account for your certification. In case you work for an agency then you should use your company-email-address
- Creation of a right account is important because finally, your certification would be tied to this account that you will be showcasing in front of recruiters or your connections on Social Networks
- Once your account is created, you need to go to Google Partners
- Here, you need to click on “Join Google Partners” and then you should tap on “Join Now” button
2. Complete Your Google Partners Profile
- Now, you need to complete your profile that will be listed in the Google Partner directory. This official profile would be tied to your certifications
- You can also search for your company in the Google directory and let it get affiliated there. Then you need to submit the affiliation request, which will be verified by the administrator of your company’s Google Partner
- Then you need to navigate to certifications and choose AdWords
3. Take The Test: Fundamentals Exam + One Additional Exam
To become a certified Google AdWords Consultant, you need to pass the AdWords fundamentals exam along with one additional exam from the below-given Advertising Exam Choices-
You should choose the one that best suits your advertising need. In case you want to pass all of those, you can also do that. In case you could not pass the exam, after a waiting period, you would again be eligible to apply for this exam.
How To Prepare For Google AdWords Certification Exam
You can take the assistance of Google Training content or can go through some dummy exams that will let you go through the same pattern that the actual exam follows.
Below given are the three notable ways of preparing for the Google AdWords Exam–
1. Google’s Exam Study Guides
Google offers you training to prepare for each of the Google AdWords exams. You will get to know everything about Google AdWords via some well-written content and videos. The guide includes
- Basics of AdWords so beginners can easily understand the platform
- Lessons on how to make a website and related Ads mobile friendly
- Lessons on creating successful Search campaigns
- Latest and best practices related to Google AdWords
- Google AdWords audit guide that lets you find answers of Google AdWords Exam
2. iPass Exam
- In case you have some knowledge about AdWords then iPass Exam is the best way to prepare for the Google AdWords exam
- Here you will go through the practice tests that include the same types of questions that are asked in the actual exam. Some of the times, you may face the same question in Google Exam that iPass Exam asked you in its dummy test
- This is one of the best ways to polish those AdWords skills that you need to improve to pass the Google AdWords exam
- You can also find a free resource here as well, but the dummy test of iPass Exam is considered top notch
3. SEM Course
- Enrolling in an SEM course is considered result-driven for both beginners or experts of PPC advertising
- If you want to pass the Google AdWords Exam in the first attempt then joining SEM Tutorial would be the most productive option for you
- The course will take you through a variety of Search Marketing and AdWords modules that help you master AdWords on the live projects
- The course will teach you-
- Understanding Google search
- Google Adwords, Microsoft AdCenter & Yahoo Search Marketing
- PPC definition & it’s functioning
- Ad writing techniques
- Campaign and Bid Management
- Performance Tracking, etc.
Once you prepare and pass the Google AdWords exam, you would entitle to get top earning Digital Marketing Consultant Job. Let us understand the Google AdWords Consultant salary that you can expect-
Finally, I would like to conclude this post, and I hope you understand how you can be a successful Google AdWords Consultant.
With Google Study material, you will be able to prepare for the exam in the most comprehensive way. If you want to pass your AdWords exam on your first attempt, you should join Search Engine Marketing Training.